Want to share this on your site? Just copy the code below!
The idea of starting a business always comes along lots of challenges. Many things are there to be taken under consideration while selection of the business If you are also going through the condition where you plan to set up a new business. You should definitely pay attention over the list of smart business tools mentioned below.
When it comes upon accounts and finance, some really exciting tools are available online to support you for free. In this direction, Expensify, Wave Accounting and Freshbooks are important.
1. Wave Accounting – This software will help you in quick management of business receipts and payroll without any cost.
2. Expensify – Handling the whole business manually becomes tough for everyone. If you want to simplify management of your expenses and invoices, you can utilize expensify. This special tool helps you to focus on things of priority more.
3. FreshBooks – Tracking time online, maintenance of invoice online and management of expenses requires an efficient program to carry out things well. FreshBooks is something that offers you an easy to navigate system so that you can track the required file easily.
Human resource management is the leading task to be managed in every big and small business. In this direction, some special business tools have been developed for simplification of tasks –
4. AnyPerk – Are you looking for a special program that can help you to plan rewarding your employees with comprehensive perks? If yes, AnyPerk is the best software tool for this kind of service. It offers discount in numerous services.
5. ZipRecruiter – Recruitment of the right candidate is another important thing that matters a lot for ensuring success of your business. You can find talented and well qualified candidates with resume screening, cross-job-board posting and point based score chart for sorting out the best candidate.
6. Intelius – It becomes mandatory for you to check out background and police record of candidates earlier than hiring them for services. Intelius works by running a background check program that browses over the criminal records and important information of candidates.
Customer care services
Customer support is one of the most important parts to be managed for successful business. A smart tool for customer support can help you to be in touch of your customers continuously and get their feedbacks time to time.
7. GetSatisfaction – Managing interaction with a big community of customers can make your schedule messy. In order to organize this task well, Getsatisfaction is an exclusive tool. It works not only by offering you technical support but also by giving you proper feedbacks.
8. ZenDesk – You will require an efficient tool for streamlining your customer care services and offering them full support and timely response. ZenDesk helps you to carry out this task.
9. SurveyMonkey – Survey is an integrated part of collection of feedbacks from customers. In order to simplify the process of survey, SurveyMonkey has been developed as an exclusive business tool. This is how; you can understand the demand of customers and work in the direction of satisfying them.
Operations cannot be ignored at all during any step of business. This is why, some excellent tools have been designed for this purpose also.
10. Carbonite – Have you ever think about an excellent tool for online backup and cloud storage? If not, Carbonite will help you for the same.
11. Yammer – Yammer works for creation of personal social network in order to share files, spreading knowledge and virtual collaboration with international businessmen.
12. Trello – Again it is a fantastic tool that offers you the way to organize your projects well. In this series, complete, incomplete and pending projects are taken under consideration by the software.
Nothing is possible in the direction of making a business successful until and unless you plan ultimate marketing plan. Fortunately, some important tools are there that simplifies your marketing related tasks.
13. SpyFu– In order to compare SEM tactics of groups that compete with you, this keyword tool will support you specially. In this way, your business will be successful equally in SEO campaigns and internet advertising.
14. MailChimp – Email marketing is a quick and result oriented way to catch attention of relevant stakeholders towards your business. MailChimp makes it easy to collect templates of newsletters and customize personal designs for your business.
15. HubSpot – The multitasking marketing tool, HubSpot works for facilitation of SEO blogging ideas, marketing automation and lead generation etc.
Sales is the most prominent part of business that bring profit. Check out the exciting tools that simplify the process of sales for budding and well settled businessmen, equally –
16. Velocify – It is a wonderful idea to enjoy services of a sales manager tool which is efficient enough to transform lead into conversion as well as track your performance for improvement of sales.
17. Highrise – Organization of notes, Email conversions and tasks for over 30k customers, partners, contacts and leads.
18. BidSketch – BidSketch is an awesome tool that works for creation of professional and clear client proposals within a few moments. Also, the tool helps you to get a certified client signature after approval.
There are many efficient tools in the online world for making your Ecommerce related tasks easy. Here are top three tools to support you for this purpose –
19. Vendio – Vendio is nothing but an amazing platform for sales of your goods on various Ecommerce channels such as eBay, Amazon and many more.
20. Shopify – This special online shopping cart is customizable and hosted which accepts all the international currencies.
21. Recurly – This software offers easy solutions for recurring billing and other kind of subscriptions.
There is no lack of good and reliable software tools for maintenance of legal.
22. Docusign – Docusign is one of the reliable and important tool which offers secure and legal Esignature facility.
23. Trademarkia – It will be really a pleasure for you to discover more than 6 million names, slogans, taglines and logos that can be searched to know whether your idea has been already used by anyone or not.
24. Legal Zoom Business Attorney Plan – Just imagine about a special attorney plan that has been designed for small businesses specially. Legal Zoom Business Attorney Plan offers attorney reviews of legal documents along with contracts.
25. Jira – Bug tracking and reporting system has become simplified and clean with Jira. The tool works for assignment of tasks, issues and fastening the process.
26. MixPanel – MixPanel works for focusing and measurement of exclusive user activities through superior analytics operations.
27. UserTesting– The software offers immediate feedback on your website from real users. This also includes a video of their working experience along with written answers of your queries.
So, this is all about the leading business tools which are supportive for success of small scale businesses.
Starting up a business with your spouse can be a real tough challenge in terms of maintaining family and finance. It can also bring great results to you if both of you are ready to take the challenge and risks. But if it does not work out well, then you will result in spoiling your business and marriage altogether. Here we will tell you about the pros and cons and the simple ways which you can follow to maintain your professional and personal lives together.
Pros and cons of business with spouse:
• Your spouse is the person whom you can trust the most, which is applicable in terms of business and finances as well.
• You both are aware of the strengths and weaknesses of your counterpart, which makes it easy for you to divide and categories your work accordingly.
• When you and your business partner (your spouse in this case) share a family, it is easier for you both to manage your schedules and work timings.
However, there are some drawbacks of such a start-up as well:
• Firstly, if you start your business with your spouse, the finance of your household gets dependant on a single source. If the business didn’t work up well, you can end up with a financial crisis.
• Also, it is more difficult to manage the dominance of one partner both at work and at home. One of the either spouses is always the bossier one.
Here we are providing you with some ways to escape the potential headaches of managing a business with your spouse:
1. Arrange for some backup emergency funds : When you are thinking of starting up a business with your spouse, do not involve all of your funds in the business. If it doesn’t work out well then you can end up in a financial crisis. To avoid such a situation, always have a backup.
2. Understand your personalities : Some people find it more effective while working in the morning, and some find night peace best to work. Also, some people can work better while interacting with some more people; on the other hand, some people need peace to work. Understand your personalities and divide your working times accordingly. By doing this, you can best explore your productivity and have positive results.
3. Defining roles : After understanding your personalities, it is equally important to divide your works and roles in the office accordingly. Divide the schedules according to your best working times.
4. Have time for yourself, separately : When you work with your spouse, you have to spend all the time together, while at home or in office. Find out time for yourself and your own hobbies, interests and friends. Take out time apart from each other so that both of you get the required space and freedom.
5. Understand your potential to take risks : When both of you indulge in the same business, you are more likely to have a financial crisis. So discuss and understand your capabilities of managing and tolerating risks in the business.
6. Explore your humour : When you are working for the whole day, you need to take your life lightly and have a sense of humour. A serious working environment tends to be less productive and increases the chances of tiffs between you and your partner.
7. Avoid arguments and cold war : When you people are not in talking terms to each other for a particular period of time, this leads to a huge mismanagement of the office work and can cost you in losing clients of your company.
8. Manage your own lives : When you put the burden of managing the home and office both on your wife, it makes her feel more frustrated towards all sorts of work. Being a husband, try to manage your works on your own, and also allow your wife to take decisions at home and office both. This will make her less frustrated and more productive for the work.
9. Arrange for separate workplaces : Do not have a common working place or office. Initially it sounds good to hear that the work places will be closer and will help in communicating better, but later on it results in a heap of arguments and nothing else. A small common working place for both of you can make you feel claustrophobic to the environment in some time. Set different working places or cabins so that you have the independence of handling your piece of work in your own way, and can reach up to the other person only when required.
10. Listen to each other: While having some discussions, do not try to overpower your partner (spouse) on some argument or decision. Have a proper conversation where both of you can put up your own points of view and can solve out the problem accordingly.
11. Vision for your company : Before setting up the business, discuss and figure out the expectations that you have from your company. A difference in opinions for the future of the company can lead to unavoidable and unnecessary arguments. Have a clear outline of how to go along the journey of managing your company before starting working together.
12. Be truthful to yourself : Before starting up a business with your spouse, ask yourself that if he/she weren’t your spouse, would you still like to work with him/her as your business partner? Sort out the question in your mind, and compare the qualities of your spouse with the ones that you wish to have in your business partner.
13. Set rules from beginning : Set your own areas of work, areas of interferences and non interferences. Decide everything from your work timings to decisions to family management. Later, just abide by the set rules to avoid clashes and arguments. Do not interfere with each other’s decisions or space.
14. Keep home and business separate : It has a simple rule- do not talk about your family or home or relatives while at work, and do not talk about work or office while you are at home. When in office, invest yourself completely in working, keeping the household topics aside, and when at home, enjoy your family time and forget about the business deals and discussions.
15. Handling disagreements : If you both have disagreements regarding a particular thing, try to resolve it swiftly, before the disagreement moves towards turning into arguments. Try to understand each other’s point and solve the problem in a mutual way.
Handling business with your spouse can be simplified by following these set of rules. If you can manage to get out of the cons, you are just left with the huge benefits of working with your spouse.
Being a housewife can be a tough job, while managing all of the household works. However, housewives can start some home-based works and earn some extra money for themselves. There are various types or categories of jobs one can opt for. Some of them are listed here:
1. Online business: Women can work from home by opting for some online businesses like-
• Blogger: If you are interested in writing, then you can add up to your earning by writing blogs for your own website or for some other company. People are always looking for information over the internet.
• Advertising: You can also add some advertisements to your blog for some companies and get paid for that. You can take contracts from some companies on the basis of the traffic on your site or blog.
• Consulting: You can also try for consultations regarding your field of knowledge or interest.
• E-book writer: If you are good enough with the writing skills, you can post some e-book regarding the topic of your knowledge and expertise.
• Forum moderator: You can also work as the manager of some website’s forum by removing spammers, allowing or blocking comments, starting new conversations and resolving conflicts.
• Internet researcher: Every writer and company needs precise information and is willing to pay for your research and hard work.
• Network system administrator: You can use your technical skills to work for companies by database administration, networking administration and implementations.
2. Creative business: You can use your creativity in various fields for getting a business opportunity online-
• Artist: If you are good at drawing or painting, you can get creative projects from various websites which can earn you some money.
• Author: You can try writing on various subjects like child-care, cooking or beauty care and start your own way of writing.
• Editor: Editors are important for all the websites, who can edit or fine tune their blogs and information by using your grammatical and vocabulary skills.
• Event planner: They have the job to arrange for the catering, locations, accommodations, decorations and everything for some particular event like marriage anniversary, birthday celebrations marriages and similar events.
• Handmade invitation creator: Nowadays, everyone is looking for new and creative style of invitations. You can use your creativity by designing such cards and selling it on your personal website or to your family or friends.
• Interior designing: Use your creativity for designing the interiors of others, suiting their demands and needs. You can work independently or can assist someone else for the purpose.
• Music instructor: Use your knowledge and skills on music by providing instructions and trainings for the same.
3. Interest-based: Use your interest and skill to earn income from various sources like:
• Cake baker: If you have a passion for baking, then use your innovative ways to bake special cakes for events like birthdays, marriage celebrations, anniversary, etc.
• Child care: In today’s scenario, where both the parents are working, such services are required on a huge scale. You can earn some money by taking care of such children.
• Culinary consultant: If cooking is your field of interest, then you can take advice from various professional chefs by contacting them and starting consultation regarding their dishes and preparations.
• Food creator: Use your cooking skills to try out new dishes and recipes and you can share them on some cookery websites or with some professional chefs.
• Independent tour guide: If you have a passion for visiting new cities and places, alongwith the famous restaurants and tourist places, you can guide people with the same and earn money against it.
• Online boutique owner: If you are interested in knowing about the latest fashions and trends, then you can try for opening an online boutique by using your own designs and selling them.
• Pet groomer: If you love pets then this is the job for you! You can assist the pet owners by informing them about the various ways in which they can groom the pets better.
• Personal trainer: Your interest in health and exercise can help you in turning into a personal trainer for health conscious people with guiding them for the proper diet and workout suggestions.
4. Part-time jobs: You can try out for some jobs that are for some time-being, which allows you to continue with your daily schedule for the rest of the days. Some such jobs are:
•Birthday party planner: Plan birthday parties for kids and children allowing the parents to enjoy the special day carefree.
• Financial planner: If you are strong with the financial basics, then you can help individuals with their important financial plans like retirement, investments, stock purchasing, etc.
• Medical transcriptionist: The work of a medical transcriptionist is to write down the recorded messages by some medical professional into words.
• House sitter: You can take care of someone’s house and pets when they are not at home and want their house to be looked after.
•Professional organiser: Work for organising someone’s office and house by making it a more productive and organised environment.
•Software developer: If you have good coding skills, you can work for different companies by creating programmes and applications for them from your home.
5. Marketing jobs: Use your marketing skills in carrying out various marketing jobs like:
• Affiliate manager: Many publishers need assistance by organising campaigns, creating calendar for marketing and for interaction with affiliates.
•Celebrity gifting outreach: Many small business owners will want their product to be seen with some celebrities for marketing and flourishing purpose. Help them by gifting the products to celebrities and earn money from them.
• Copywriting: It is the term given to the persuasion of words to present them better for the promotions and marketing of various products or companies. You can go for this if you have good manipulation and persuasion skills.
• Direct sales: This is the direct sale of products for some companies, which provide you with a start-up kit and you need to sell their products through your family, friends or relatives initially, and expanding your circle lately.
Today in the global marketplace every business, whether small or large, must have to use the social media for marketing communications related to their product or services. Here we are trying to provide a list of 51 social media tools especially useful for small business.
Today Facebook is one of the most popular social Media. You can get likes, shares and tags for your posts.
1. Like Analyzer: This tool (likealyzer.com) will give you complete details of the likes you have received as compared to those of competitors. It also indicates your ranking in the industry as well as of the rivals.
2. Fan Page karma: This tool (fanpagekarma.com) gives you valid and vital data about increase in number of visitors, comments or feedback along with Karma which means weighted engagement value. Additionally Fan Karma integrates data from Twitter & YouTube which may support your visual presentations or communications.
3. Face book custom Audiences: With the help of this tool you can customize your audience and address the communication to select the target customers.
Social Media Analytics Tools
4. Rival IQ: Marketers must know what the competitors are doing and this wonderful tool helps you finding everything you want about the chosen brands. This tool gives you mirror image of competitors status on Facebook, Twitter, google+, Linked in or SEO. You can avail a free trial of 14 days for your convenience. Website: rivaliq.com
5. Klout: This special tool provides a ready reckoner of popularity index of varied social profiles with an indicative marking from 1 to 100 along with comparative level of your profile. You can also keep a track of movement of such scores.
Visual Content Tools
6. Infogram: Here we can develop impressive infographics directly on the spreadsheets of Infogram. Special facilitators like design templates or full design editor etc. are ready to use for you.
7. Piktochart: You can make your data attractive, presentable & impressive with this free to try tool. The built in editor and themes make your task easy. Website: piktochart.com
8. Visually: If you are looking for professional help for adding shine & glitter to your presentations, that too at a reasonable price, you ought to visit “Visually” marketplace. Here you can get expert help for videos, presentations, info-graphics, interactive etc.
9. Canva: Highly user friendly and free (except the onsite photos) this tool is a wonderful resource for both beginners & amateurs who want to do graphic designing. Full of templates like Pinterest the Canva makes it highly interesting for the professionals.
10. Compfight: Compfight is a commonly used tool on many blogs. Here you get access to a huge collection of images and pictures for different uses in your communications. Website: compfight.com
11. Be Funky: Enjoy your work with this extremely easy to use tool. Equipped with everything we need for image editing like cropping, scaling, filters or text etc. this tool enables the user to put proper visual content on the social sites. Website: befunky.com
Social Media Monitoring Tools
12. Mention: If you want to know how many people/clients or customers mentioned/posted about your products or services, any time or anywhere in the web, this tool will prove extremely useful.
13. Nutshell Mail: Here you can gather all the data update on your email account/s periodically to suit your needs. Such information may further be translated into your weekly report etc. Website: nutshellmail.com
14. KeyHole: Ever wondered how you can get the record of responses received for your comments, hashtags, punches or quotes on the Facebook, Instgram or Twitter? Use this tool to optimize your popularity. Website: keyhole.co
15. Social mention: It assesses the reaction of your post by feelings like passion, sentiment, reach and strength. Website: socialmention.com
Social Media Content Tools
16. News.Me: In partnership with “Digg” this channel gets you the prominent messages received in your different social accounts. You can immediately respond to customer/clients queries, attend to complaints or expedite the orders etc saving valuable time. Website: news.me
17. Feedly: With the help of Feedy you can not only keep in touch with all the blogs or social sites but also pick up most relevant & important posts gathered on the site.
18. Pocket: This tool provides the user a special facility to collect the information and read or analyze the same at a convenient time later. Website: getpocket.com
19. Paper.Li: Imagine the advantage of producing your own news paper full of industry related happening and circulate amongst your followers for great leverage. Website: paper.li
20. Swayy: One can get a chance to share interesting content on the social media, connect with Twitter or Facebook, and Swavy helps you with finding what the people want. Website: swayy.co
21. Pie: Pie comes with a browser extension where you can gather stories across different sites and share them with the desired audience. Website: piethis.com
22. Bottlenose: Solar Solo: This free version of Bottlenose helps in accessing all the data related to your brand/s particularly from LinkedIn and provides good platform for sharing information.
23. Digg Digg: If you wish to spread your posts to Face Book, Twitter, Buffer or other 20 sites you can use this wonderful floating bar at Digg digg plugin. Website: wordpress.org/plugins/digg-digg/
24. Flare: Created by Digital Telepathy this tool uses Filament plugin which helps in bringing together all your social buttons as and when you wish and utilize. Website: filament.io/flare
25. Ivy: Yet another creation of Digital Telepathy, this tool is for your clients, supporters or customers who can use the Filament plugin to highlight your products on different media channels. Website: filament.io/ivy
26. “Pin It” Button for Images: This is free word press plugin for enabling direct shares to Pinterest, quite useful for blogs.
27. Follower Wonk: This is a popular tool for analyzing and optimizing your accounts at Twitter Buffer.
28. Social Rank: You can find your followers in three different categories namely Best Followers, Most Engaged and Most Valuable with the help of this tool. Website: socialrank.com
29. Manage Flitter: With the help of this tool you can easily manage the actual or virtual followers for better results. Website: manageflitter.com
30. Must Be Present: This Twitter tool helps you for setting a targeted response time to your posts. Website: mustbepresent.com
31. Tweriod: Here you can get to know what specific time slaughts are when you receive maximum exposure on different media channels. Website: tweriod.com
32. Tweepi: Tweepi helps you in segregating your audiences into responsive or non responsive so that you can take optimum advantage on Twitter or other sites. Website: tweepi.com
33. Tweet4Me: When you sign up you are better equipped for quick quality posts on Twitter as & when you want.
34. Commun.it: You can grow, organize and manage your networks with the help of this tool. Website: commun.it
35. Twtrland: Keep updated about Facebook & Instagram with special tool of live count and advanced search to find favorable followers. Website: twtrland.com
36. Need Tagger: You can find out such Twitter users who are looking for your product with the help of this tool.
37. Twitter Spy: Here you can find out the most liked tweets and acknowledge those supporters help with a thank you.
38. Twitter feed: As the name suggests you can directly post your feeds on Facebook, Twitter or Linkedin with its help.
39. Tweet Reach: This tool gets you the data as to how far your tweets have reached. Website: tweetreach.com
40. Twazz Up: If you want to know what is happening to your name at your back, this is the source. Website: twazzup.com
41. Topsy: You can access posts, contacts, pictures, videos with this strong search engine on Twitter.
42. FiveHundredPlus: This tool is useful for the LinkedIn contacts. Contacts can be placed in various categories like weekly, monthly, quarterly or annual reminders, to stay in touch with those contacts. Website: fivehundredplus.com
43. Rapportive: This app provides information about your gmail accounts, their social accounts and employment. Website: rapportive.com
44. Bitly: This app is helpful in shortening of the URL links, which is required in cases of posting on twitter (because of the 140 character word limit).
45. Rev: It is a transcriptional and translational service, which helps you to convert audio, on English files into the format type or the language you need. Website: rev.com
46. ShareRoot Board Cover Creator: This app allows you to create images that can be used as covers for different Pinterest boards. Website: tools.shareroot.co
47. Jelly: This is an app for iOS and android, in which you can ask questions using locations, photos or friends, and the best known people for the place or person answer you. Website: jelly.co
48. SteadyDemand’s Google+ Page Audit: This page helps you in finding out what’s working on you google+ account and what’s not. Website: steadydemand.com/Google-Plus-Brand-Audit-Tool.php
49. Powtoon: This service helps you create or edit videos, and direct uploading to YouTube.
50. CardMunch: In this service, you take a picture of a business card, and it stores the regarding information in your contacts and you can find the contact on LinkedIn. Website: cardmunch.com
51. IFTTT: It is a multi-utility app that can do a range of things from posting your instagram photos on twitter, to messaging you tomorrow’s weather. Website: ifttt.com/channels