Being a housewife can be a tough job, while managing all of the household works. However, housewives can start some home-based works and earn some extra money for themselves. There are various types or categories of jobs one can opt for. Some of them are listed here:
1. Online business: Women can work from home by opting for some online businesses like-
• Blogger: If you are interested in writing, then you can add up to your earning by writing blogs for your own website or for some other company. People are always looking for information over the internet.
• Advertising: You can also add some advertisements to your blog for some companies and get paid for that. You can take contracts from some companies on the basis of the traffic on your site or blog.
• Consulting: You can also try for consultations regarding your field of knowledge or interest.
• E-book writer: If you are good enough with the writing skills, you can post some e-book regarding the topic of your knowledge and expertise.
• Forum moderator: You can also work as the manager of some website’s forum by removing spammers, allowing or blocking comments, starting new conversations and resolving conflicts.
• Internet researcher: Every writer and company needs precise information and is willing to pay for your research and hard work.
• Network system administrator: You can use your technical skills to work for companies by database administration, networking administration and implementations.
2. Creative business: You can use your creativity in various fields for getting a business opportunity online-
• Artist: If you are good at drawing or painting, you can get creative projects from various websites which can earn you some money.
• Author: You can try writing on various subjects like child-care, cooking or beauty care and start your own way of writing.
• Editor: Editors are important for all the websites, who can edit or fine tune their blogs and information by using your grammatical and vocabulary skills.
• Event planner: They have the job to arrange for the catering, locations, accommodations, decorations and everything for some particular event like marriage anniversary, birthday celebrations marriages and similar events.
• Handmade invitation creator: Nowadays, everyone is looking for new and creative style of invitations. You can use your creativity by designing such cards and selling it on your personal website or to your family or friends.
• Interior designing: Use your creativity for designing the interiors of others, suiting their demands and needs. You can work independently or can assist someone else for the purpose.
• Music instructor: Use your knowledge and skills on music by providing instructions and trainings for the same.
3. Interest-based: Use your interest and skill to earn income from various sources like:
• Cake baker: If you have a passion for baking, then use your innovative ways to bake special cakes for events like birthdays, marriage celebrations, anniversary, etc.
• Child care: In today’s scenario, where both the parents are working, such services are required on a huge scale. You can earn some money by taking care of such children.
• Culinary consultant: If cooking is your field of interest, then you can take advice from various professional chefs by contacting them and starting consultation regarding their dishes and preparations.
• Food creator: Use your cooking skills to try out new dishes and recipes and you can share them on some cookery websites or with some professional chefs.
• Independent tour guide: If you have a passion for visiting new cities and places, alongwith the famous restaurants and tourist places, you can guide people with the same and earn money against it.
• Online boutique owner: If you are interested in knowing about the latest fashions and trends, then you can try for opening an online boutique by using your own designs and selling them.
• Pet groomer: If you love pets then this is the job for you! You can assist the pet owners by informing them about the various ways in which they can groom the pets better.
• Personal trainer: Your interest in health and exercise can help you in turning into a personal trainer for health conscious people with guiding them for the proper diet and workout suggestions.
4. Part-time jobs: You can try out for some jobs that are for some time-being, which allows you to continue with your daily schedule for the rest of the days. Some such jobs are:
•Birthday party planner: Plan birthday parties for kids and children allowing the parents to enjoy the special day carefree.
• Financial planner: If you are strong with the financial basics, then you can help individuals with their important financial plans like retirement, investments, stock purchasing, etc.
• Medical transcriptionist: The work of a medical transcriptionist is to write down the recorded messages by some medical professional into words.
• House sitter: You can take care of someone’s house and pets when they are not at home and want their house to be looked after.
•Professional organiser: Work for organising someone’s office and house by making it a more productive and organised environment.
•Software developer: If you have good coding skills, you can work for different companies by creating programmes and applications for them from your home.
5. Marketing jobs: Use your marketing skills in carrying out various marketing jobs like:
• Affiliate manager: Many publishers need assistance by organising campaigns, creating calendar for marketing and for interaction with affiliates.
•Celebrity gifting outreach: Many small business owners will want their product to be seen with some celebrities for marketing and flourishing purpose. Help them by gifting the products to celebrities and earn money from them.
• Copywriting: It is the term given to the persuasion of words to present them better for the promotions and marketing of various products or companies. You can go for this if you have good manipulation and persuasion skills.
• Direct sales: This is the direct sale of products for some companies, which provide you with a start-up kit and you need to sell their products through your family, friends or relatives initially, and expanding your circle lately.